Friday, May 21, 2010

words

I've been so moved by words lately. Poetry, lyrics, thoughts written by people who are inspired to share what is one their heart... I'm just gonna share a few that have resonated with me lately and hope you are moved by them as well.


"I'm going to live my life inspired
Look for the holy in the common place
Open the windows and feel all that's honest and real until I'm truly amazed
I'm going to feel all my emotions
I'm going to look you in the eyes
I'm going to listen and hear until it's finally clear and it changes our lives

There are so many ways to hide
There are so many ways not to feel
There are so many ways to deny what is real

And I just showed up for my own life
And I'm standing here taking it in and it sure looks bright

Oh the glory of God is man fully alive"
-sara groves


"Let your kingdom come in my world and in my life
You give me the food I need to live through the day
And forgive me as I forgive the people that wronged me
Lead me far from temptation
Deliver me from the evil one
I look out the window the birds are composing
Not a note is out of tune or out of place
I look at the meadow and stare at the flowers
Better dressed than any girl on her wedding day

So why do I worry?
Why do I freak out?
God knows what I need
You know what I need"
-jon foreman


"baptize my mind
baptize my eyes
baptize my mind
For these seeds to give birth to life
First it must die"
- jon foreman


This is from a Donald Miller book called "searching for God knows what" - this is the ending of the introduction

"On this journey, you may travel through the same dark night of the soul through which I have come. But on the other side, I assure you, is Christ, and you will love him for what He has done. You will stand bloodied from the battle, kneeling before Him, knowing He is all the hope you had, and hopefully, in a delightful moment of freedom, realize He is always the only hope you need."


“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”- albert einstein

“Adopt the pace of nature; her secret is patience.”- ralph waldo emerson

“When Christ taught that God commanded people to "love each other as I have loved you," He didn't add a footnote that said, "except for the gays, the people of other religions, the people of other colors, the poor, or those who don't live up to your expectations."”- Cindi Wafstet



I think so many of our issues with each other and each others doctrine or theology on life and God is a language and ego issue. Yes some issues are black and white and should be able to be presented with our words as such. But some things just are not. We all come from different life experiences and journeys so how could we expect to all be able to express our feelings on God, politics, relationships, or health in the same way. We also inherently have the desire to be right, so when we express ourselves there is often no room for humility. And when we hear others thoughts we immediately compare them to how we would express the same idea. I want to learn to listen better and truly see where the writer is coming from. Really try to hear what they are saying with my ego on the back burner. But at the same time knowing what the Spirit tells me and what God has set in stone.

Just some thoughts. Words.

Today, I love growing up. I love that I am growing up (although some days I wish I didn't have to.) Learning. Searching. Being molded and refined. Defining who I am in this world. I see the growth from the years that have passed and I am excited to see what the next chapters hold. I want a teachable heart. A humble spirit. Thank you God for your teaching and leading.

peace.

No comments: