Wednesday, May 12, 2010

shalom Israel















We are in the airport in Eliat, Israel. Kinda like Vegas met Daytona. We swam in the Red Sea, shopped, eat, and kinda unwound from a wonderful trip. Yesterday we went to Petra in Jordan. Quite an experience. The security alone was an experience. Ill have pictures of Petra soon. also worth googling. Or watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Ill let the pictures tell the story. We road camels. Legit. My computer is about to die so I have to be brief.

I feel so very blessed to have been in this land. With these people. My eyes have been opened to Gods heart for His Holy Land and the reality of politics and religious realities in the middle east. I dont watch the news often for a few reasons and I almost cringe when people begin to argue or make angry statements about one way or the other. But I do want truth in my life. In my mind.

My prayer is that we seek truth and hear it. Regardless of our political standing.

Israel is way more important than I knew. And just a beautiful country filled with beautiful people.

This trip has reminded me how much I love to travel.

It has also opened my eyes to how real the Bible is. Being in all these hugely important places to the Jewish and Christian people. Wow. When I read about Mt.Caramel, or the Mt of Olives, or the Sea of Galilee or Jerusalem.... I will have a true mental picture because I was there. Thats cool.


gotta board the plane!!

love.

No comments: