Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Last day in the City of David










Today we went to the "Garden Tomb." I put quotes around it because it is merely a site where they think it could be. None the less there is some convincing arguments for it... outside the city walls... on a hill... shaped like a skull...

Aunt Cathy believes the site of the crucifixion and resurrection to be on the Mt of Olives. She shared with us much more convincing informations for this site. But the Garden Tomb was nice. Natural. Not like the Church of the Holy Seplecure which was erected in 300 AD by Constantine's mother and is now a huge almost ostentatious catholic cathedral. Not as much my style... or how I imagine Jesus to have wanted it. The Garden Tomb was a humble, beautiful memorial to what Christ did for us. There was a man from Holland that led us through the garden and then we took communion together celebrating the body and the blood.

Then we headed into the City walls again to visit "Caiaphus's house", "Davids Tomb", and the "Upper Room." Again notice the quotes. These were less moving. But nice to remember and understand that these places did exist and important things happened in places similar. We ate lunch in the market area again. YUM! The city is so precious. Old. Quaint. You can only walk. No cars. So many shops and people. Then we went shopping. This was an experience. I felt accosted.SO many beautiful things but dang!! The men were kind but SO eager to sell you something... anything!!! I did a good job at bargaining today. I will explain...

You ask how much. They tell you $20... you ask $15? they say $18....you walk away... they call after you and say ok! 15... works like a charm... most of the time.

The men are very aware of young american girls like myself. Had to move my ring to my left hand to run off some of the interest. They too are kind... but much to eager. Too much.

Now we are in the Dead Sea. Our hotel is too good. We floated in the SALTY water tonight. Amazing. Catie gets in tonight! Cant wait to share this with her.

I loved Jerusalem. I love cities. And that city has so much history and life that it is irresistible.I would have liked to take more time at certain spots. To really meditate. I hope to come back one day. I like being with a tour because I am getting LOTS of information and going to places I might not have on my own but I hope to explore it on my own one day. Or with friends or a special someone. Being here with Mom is special though. She is in 7th Heaven. She saw sheep today on the side of the road. You can only imagine. :)

I feel really blessed to be here. Learning. Seeing. Experiencing. Not something I would have chosen for myself at this point and Im not sure it is all sinking in yet but I know it was in God's plan for my journey right now. He is good.

ohhh we met these amazing Messianic Jews last night. They owned a beautiful antique and jewelry store. I got a necklace that has the Hebrew letter"Chai" that means "life." They were AMAZING. Jesus love just POURED out of them. We quickly assesed that we were all believers and they asked to pray with us. IN HEBREW. Whew. It was amazing. We sat and had tea with them in their shop and shopped and shared about the life and the Lord. So amazing to see people SO very different from us believing in the same God. I get narrow minded sometimes about American Christianity. But seeing these men living as christians in a VERY Jewish and Muslim city with such love and boldness... moving. They told us that it is difficult to be a messianic believer there. Business sufferers. Exclusion in some areas and by family. But they trust in Yeshua (Jesus) to meet their needs. It was amazing how we stumbled upon them. I think we were led by the Spirit to meet them. I needed to be reminded of how big our God is. I forget so often. Please pray for them... Jonathan and his brother... I forget the other guys name. thanks!

ohh they put fresh mint leaves in the tea here, I want to start doing that!

ok dinner time.

ahava (love)

No comments: